138 Portofino Drive
Telephone: (941) 567 9209
Citizenship: Dual (USA and UK)
SENIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT / DELIVERY MANAGER WITH EXTENSIVE PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND ITIL EXPERTISE
Experienced senior manager with significant global experience and a proven track record in Consulting, Services PMO, Customer Support, Customer Experience, Services and Engineering roles with major blue-chip companies. Successfully led major programs, projects and change initiatives to positive outcomes to meet organisational and business objectives delivering clear and demonstrable ROI, increased revenue, business improvements and operational efficiencies.
SUMMARY OF KEY STRENGTHS
• Extensive experience developing and maintaining relationships at all levels internally and with strategic Fortune 100 accounts.
• Proven track record of leading and driving strategic initiatives to completion in matrix organizations, including people, policy and process change programs.
• Ability to manage, understand and resolve complex technical issues based on sound business judgment, impact assessment and risk mitigation.
• Leading, planning, organizing, managing projects/programs to achieve desired results.
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills, well-honed influencing, negotiation and consultative selling skills.
• Experience leading and managing global and remote teams, leading change initiatives, mentoring and performance management. Budget responsibility for teams of up to 20 staff.
• Top-level escalation management; specifically helping high value customers meet business demands.
• Consistently attained trusted advisor status setting and delivering the highest standards of customer satisfaction from roles within customer service delivery, support, sustaining engineering and product divisions/engineering.
• In-depth knowledge of Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) and ‘Swarming’ methodologies.
• International experience working with many customers in America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa.
• ITIL v2 (Manager) and ITIL v3 (Expert) certified with considerable ITIL/ITSM background working with many customers globally and holding an Advanced Master’s in Project Management.
• Successful delivery of projects supporting Red Hat GSS business goals/direction and 3-year strategy, including fully realized ROI for new case management system, Specialty Based Routing (SBR, aka swarming) and Knowledge Centred Support (KCS) implementation (approximately $2.5M).
• Revamped and redesigned processes to achieve >75% improvements in operational efficiencies.
• Saved and facilitated approximately $650M business per annum for HP Storage Division.
• Voted ‘Most Valuable Player’ in HP Storage Division based on personal success driving change and collaboration initiatives and programs.
• Successfully coached/mentored PM, next level manager, supervisor and team-lead roles.
• Delivered strategy and implemented Net Promoter loyalty survey for top 300 customers.
• Achieved top 3 in HDI Best Support Center award and top 10 in ASP Best Support Websites award in first year of driving changes within Red Hat support organization.
• Support/drove move of Support Quality Analysts in moving to a Customer Advisor /Coach role.
• Introduction of predictive analysis/techniques and approaches to reduce customer effort and customer escalations.
• Partnered with Sales to understand and drive improvement to reduce opportunities lost as a result of a poor support experience.
RED HAT – Global Support Services (GSS) 2009 – Present
Subscriber Support Experience and Strategy/Business Planning Manager
Responsible for providing overall leadership for the functions reporting into the Subscriber Support Experience Group. Accountable to VP GSS for execution of the GSS strategic programs and support of all business planning activities.
• Managed and led future strategic direction of business operational functions; support experience project management and customer escalation management.
• Analysed, assessed, developed, standardised, articulated and deployed operational initiatives supporting improvements to the subscriber support experience across regions.
• Oversaw analysis of subscriber support experience issues, providing solutions and recommendations based on continuous closed-loop corrective action activities across GSS and Red Hat.
• Coached, mentored and provided direction to the next level management staff to drive overall accountability and performance improvements.
• Provide ongoing project management support to GSS programs, projects and initiatives to improve communication and successfully drive projects to completion.
• Successfully advocated use of project management fundamentals/principles, methods and standards to instil an organizational project management discipline in GSS.
• Managed external visibility and market position of GSS/Red Hat by identifying strategically important key certifications and awards and support initiatives to gain recognition.
HEWLETT-PACKARD / COMPAQ COMPUTER 1999 – 2009
StorageWorks Engineering Division - Worldwide Business Support Manager
Global responsibility for Storage Division ‘Strategic Accounts’ Program, Post Sales Business Escalation and Pre Sales Deal Exception teams. Accountable for resolution of all customer satisfaction issues and acted as a change agent/leader for division driving effectiveness and efficiency improvements across HP.
• Achieved averages of $600M of business saved by the Business Escalation team and $65M facilitated by the Deal Exception team per year.
• Provided guidance, support and change leadership to reporting functions.
• Revamped ‘Customer First’ process driving operational efficiencies and reduced spend by almost 75% through process improvements and placement of ownership for resolution within appropriate HP org.
• Working closely with HP Services and Sales, revamped Business Escalation process achieving an 85% reduction in genuine/quantifiable Business Escalations.
• Redesigned Customer Enhancement Request process resulting in an overall improvement of lab resource utilization and improved ability to prioritize Deal Exception requests, Business Escalation requests and Customer Enhancement requests.
• Operated as a key contact for sales and services organizations and with primary ‘Customer First’ approval authority to $50K.
• Managed, mentored, coached and turned around a team with morale, policy and process issues to restore motivation, efficiency and performance to maximize team contribution.
• Acted as a change agent/leader for division; drove change to achieve overall effectiveness and efficiency across HP.
• Participated in and drove product and process improvement initiatives including HP Software interoperability improvements.
Business Critical Servers Product Engineering Division – Senior Engineering Program Manager/ITSM Consultant
Employed in a semi-technical consultancy and advisory role responsible for managing consulting resources and customer escalations in Customer Care Consulting team and providing ITSM/ITIL consulting to Fortune 500 customers. Managed communication of product, technology and support information to customers, HP sales and services account teams.
• Received four “outstanding achievement awards” and many customer testimonials for consulting work at major HP accounts.
• Led multiple customer consulting and escalation engagements resolving customer problems and generating more than $200M in additional revenue for HP.
• Managed many projects moving customers from a period of critical instability to a position of satisfactory stability/high availability.
• Contributed to software product quality improvements managing customer feedback and project lessons learnt and direct to development engineering groups.
• Instigated and facilitated customer satisfaction and proactive engineering consulting meetings, resulting in higher than anticipated customer satisfaction and loyalty results.
COMPAQ COMPUTER / DIGITAL EQUIPMENT 1990 – 1999
UK Mission Critical Services Client Service Manager
Responsible for the design, development and creation of Mission Critical Services offerings in the UK and management of associated services delivery and customer satisfaction.
UK Site Resident and Server Group Operations Manager
Responsible for operational and material expense, headcount forecasting and full understanding of group’s revenue and margin.
Senior Unit Manager and Service Delivery Manager
Responsible for maintaining and increasing customer and employee satisfaction, service quality and managing a team of 25 site-based engineers supporting key/strategic accounts.
Senior Customer Support Engineer
Responsible for delivering technical support services to UK customers and the coaching of junior engineers with their careers and work experience.
ROYAL AIR FORCE 1982 – 1990
Responsible for management and repair of intelligence based computing equipment and managing relationships with internal and external government suppliers. Held highest security clearance (DV).
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• Master of Science in Project Management (George Washington University).
• Certified ITIL v3 Expert.
• Certified ITIL v2 Manager.
• Six Sigma Green Belt.
• Chartered IT Professional status with British Computer Society (MBCS, CITP).
• ‘Digital Management Institute’ and ‘Focus’ management.
• Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT).
• School education at highly respected schools in England, Europe and Asia, gaining level A passes in Mathematics, English Literature, Physics, Chemistry, French, Geography and English Language.